September 3, 2009

My favorite kind of art


{Photo found HERE}


I have a ridiculous fear of needles. Every time I have to get my blood drawn I cry at the thought of a needle penetrating my flesh. I'm not kidding, before the nurse even gets the needle out. All she has to do is tell me that she is going to draw my blood, and I cry. Every time. To be honest with you, it's really quite embarrassing. I am so terrified of needles that when we are watching a movie or TV show, and someone is getting an IV put in, having their blood drawn, or shooting up I can't watch. I turn my head and cringe. Every time.

There is one exception to this fear: Tattoos.

I am incredibly intrigued by tattoos. I have one, and plan to have many more someday. I love watching people get tattoos, and if I had any artistic ability at all, I probably would've been a tattoo artist.

What do you think about tattoos?

7 comments:

  1. None Other Than Mr. AnonymousSeptember 3, 2009 at 12:27 PM

    I don't like the outfit I put on by the end of the day let alone put something on my skin that will stay forever. Do I like them? No. Anyone who has one is a loser..............................wait for it, wait for it, oh except mt 2 friend B&K:)
    No just kidding, I like them, some of them that is. Some can look very pretty and some can look pretty skanky. But if done right I think they look ok. But it's safe to say I will never be laying in the chair getting work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on Chaz... you know you want a tattoo.

    Didn't you tell us just last weekend that you wanted to get a portrait of Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhal in a heart across your chest with the initials BBM underneath?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shay: I want one so bad, regardless if they say it's a dying trend.It was never a trend for me in the first place.But most of my family would kill me if I got one.I have always been told that "your body is a temple", but you show me one LDS temple without art work throughout.I give the same argument about my belly piercing.Wait...I mean my temples chandelier.I think the only thing that stops me from getting one is the fact I'm slightly O.C.D.All it would take is one day of feeling the urge to "clean" that tat right off. Bye-Bye pretty tat.Not to mention I frankly think most peoples tattos are ugly.It's like "oh, that's an interesting tattoo of a cockroach,what made you get that...oh shit it's a samurai!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screw that "your body is a temple" shit. I heard a new one the other day that I like much better:

    "Your body is an amusement park, not a temple, so enjoy the ride!"

    I personally don't think you should let your family being dissapointed stop you. It's your life, and your body. Do what you want to do.

    I say we go to the tattoo shop together!! I'll make the appointments....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shay:Fabulous!Let's do it.Cuz if I do it now I'm young and dumb, if I do it later I'm having a mid-life crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to save up a little money. Then, it's a date!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tattoos are fine for other people. However, tattoos on peoples necks always creep me out.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....