September 21, 2009

Thoughtful gifts {by Erica}


When we were dating, my husband, Zach, and I went on a weekend trip with several of our friends to a cabin in the woods. It was one of those trips that you never forget and you can never recapture. We had so much fun. One of the days we went on a little nature walk and Zach picked some wildflowers for me. When we got back to the cabin I was going to throw them away. I know, not very sentimental of me; but I am a practical girl. My friend Malia, who has been known to save a plastic cup (for years, mind you) that a high school crush once used to drink a sip of water out of, was to say the least; appalled that I was about to throw away flowers from Zach. She took them from me and I forgot all about them.

Three years later on my wedding day, I was getting ready in the bridal room surrounded by my family and bridesmaids; ready to walk down the aisle and marry, Zach, the absolute love of my life. One of those bridesmaids was of course Malia, and she told me she had a gift for me. What I opened was a pressed yellow flower mounted in a beautiful black framed shadow box. I was flooded with emotion. I can't think of a more perfect and more thoughtful wedding gift than a forgotten flower from my soon to be husband. To me that flower represents my relationship with Zach and the little things he does that I sometimes forget to appreciate, as well as my friend Malia - She is full of thoughtfulness and sentimentality that I can definitely learn from.




Thanks to Erica over at Tartraz for participating in our thoughtful gifts segment, and being our first official guest blogger! If you'd like to share your story, send us an email: scothernsblog@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Awww! What a nice story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise! I've known Erica for over 10 years now, and she is the best friend anyone could ask for.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....