September 16, 2009

Thoughtful gifts


You all know that Shay is truly my best friend in the whole world. She is always there for me when I need her, and better yet she is there for me even if I don't ask her to be. A few weeks ago I was having an exceptionally shitty week. I had casually mentioned it to her in a text message one day when she had asked me how things were going. As usual she offered to be there if I needed to talk, and it was left at that.

Shay and I share a common love for a comedian named Nick Swardson. He is hilarious, and we both laugh so hard we cry when we are listening to his stand up. There is this one skit that he does about dying, where he goes into detail about how he is going to plan ahead and make his funeral fun and entertaining for the people that are mourning him. He talks about this great idea he has to send some money to a random celebrity before he dies in exchange for them agreeing to show up at his funeral. They don't have to stay long, just make an appearance. He chooses John Stamos. He thinks it will be funny when his friends are standing around at his funeral talking, and they will all be shocked when they see John Stamos walk in. Then someone will say: "dude...did Nick know John Stamos?". This is my favorite part of the skit, and Shay and I quote it all the time.

A few days after I had told Shay that I was having a horrible week a delivery guy shows up at my office with this giant bouquet of fruit. I assumed that it was for this other girl in my office, because her boyfriend had sent her flowers two weeks in a row, so I was really shocked when I saw my name on the envelope instead of hers. I opened the envelope and just about died laughing when I read the card! It said:

Hey Kaylyn!
Did Nick know John Stamos?
Hope you are having a better week!


It didn't say who they were from, but I knew right away that it was my good buddy Shaymus. She always knows how to make me laugh. I love having her as a friend because she is so thoughtful, and always knows just what I need without needing me to tell her.

I am going to start posting thoughtful gifts from our guest bloggers next week, so if you have received a thoughtful gift, and you want to share the story with everyone send me an email with the story, and a picture of the gift if you have it to: Scothernsblog@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Shay:Ummm Kaylyn...I actually only did that because Chaz forgot to send you your payment for the month...I couldn't bare losing my best friend due to non-payment. Guess it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most thoughtful gift was one given to me by Brett. It was a Dick In A Box. Not that like you sick Pervs. Go to SNL Dick In A Box and watch the movie if you don't know what I am talking about.
    It was hilarious. No I still have not touched it.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....